We have several exciting opportunities and updates to share with you! Please take a moment to check them out below:
- CrossFit Open will run from Feb 21- March 25th. This is a 5 week worldwide online competition, but here at Forte, we utilize it to create an Intramural competition. For more details on the Intramural teams, please click HERE. Workouts are typically programmed as our Saturday WOD. Other important items to note:
- We are currently looking for 4-6 team captains to head up the Intramural teams. Responsibilities include attending the Draft, Wednesday, Feb 20th at 6 PM, helping lead and inspire your team to complete and submit scores for each of the 5 workouts, and organizing the team plan for spirit week (week 5). Reach out to Katelyn at 615-856-2454 if you’re interested!
- If you’d like to order a 2019 CrossFit Forte Open tee or tank, please place your order HERE by Feb 19th.
- Week 1 we will host a Friday Night Lights version of the Open starting at 6 PM. We will set up several heats for you to complete the first Open workout. After the workout is done, we will all head to New Heights for a little Happy Hour. Saturday class will have another WOD programmed if you do not want to do the Open Workout.
- Teams will also be competing to fundraise for Force for Families. If already are fundraising as an individual, anything you raise will go under your team’s umbrella total!
- After the conclusion of the final week workout on Saturday, March 23rd, we will host a celebratory BBQ at the gym. Mark your calendars; friends and family are welcome to join!
- Forte Force for Families Partner Competition will take place Saturday, April 6th. A variety of awesome sponsors have made swag bags for athletes and volunteers are pretty awesome, and the prizes for fundraising, winning workouts, and winning the events are amazing. Sign up to compete HERE or to volunteer with Rae at [email protected].
- Goal Setting Meetings: So you come to class regularly (crucial!), but what else should you be doing to achieve your health and fitness goals? Do you even know how to set SMART fitness goals? As part of membership beginning in March, we will be offering the opportunity to complete semi-annual goal setting meetings with one of our CCFT (Level 3 Certified) coaches. Watch for more information on how to book your time!
Physical Therapy Informational Clinic: If it hurts when you squat, go overhead, or switch from being a desk jockey to CrossFitter – physical therapy may have a fix for you! Whether due to aging, physical activity, excessive traveling, sitting at a desk all day or chronic dysfunctional movement patterns, nearly everyone experiences aches and injuries that are treatable or preventable with physical therapy interventions and education. Physical Therapists are movement experts trained in a variety of techniques to get you moving better and more efficiently. To learn more about the benefits of physical therapy and services offered at CrossFit Forte, please join Brian Low, DPT, for a special Forte seminar on February 23 at about 11 AM (after the Open Heats are completed).
That’s it for now, folks! Thanks for being a part of our community and please reach out with any questions!
Evan, Katelyn, and the Forte Team
Workout of the Day
9 minutes to build to a heavy Tempo Front Squat (33X1)
Rest 3 minutes
Max Front Squats (no tempo) at 80%
Every minute, for 15 minutes (5 rounds):
Min 1: 12m Walking Lunges w DBs in Front Rack (50s/35s)
Min 2: 12/9 Calories on Assault Bike
Min 3: 12 Burpees
Rx+ 15m, 15/12 cal, 15 burpees